Wednesday 1 March 2017

Where did February go?!

Boy! February just flew past didn't it??!! I can't believe it's March 1st today - it'll be Christmas before you know it!

I meant to stop by at the weekend but I was just too busy. Still, better late than never.

I managed to take last week off and got out and about and met up with friends and had a much needed rest from the office. I had a trip out to Hilliers of course and the weather that day was Glorious! Look at these -

Tina's Allsorts, Hillier Gardens

Tina's Allsorts, Hillier Gardens

Tina's Allsorts, Hillier Gardens

Tina's Allsorts, Hillier Gardens

Tina's Allsorts, Hillier Gardens

It was really busy in the gardens too. Whilst I sort of want the gardens to myself, I do love to see so many people enjoying them, especially when they bring lots of children. There's nothing better than seeing the children enjoy the garden.

I had a walk by the sea with a friend later in the week and we were treated with blue skies that day too -

Tina's Allsorts, Lee on the Solent

Tina's Allsorts, Lee on the Solent

I also did a little crafting - of course!! I made a mandala for my Folksy shop -

Tina's Allsorts, Mandala

The temptation to make a mandala had grown too strong to resist and this one is made using some of the Sirdar Cotton DK I used for the Peacock Tail Bag I made last year. I started by following a pattern but I very quickly went freestyle. Much more fun than following a pattern! So much fun in fact that I think I might make some more!!

I also listed the "Baaa - gs of Lavender" I made a while back, on Folksy.

Tina's Allsorts, Baaa-g of Lavender

And I made myself some new stitch markers as well - I've wanted some new, bigger ones for quite a while and decided to have a go and see how they turned out. They turned out so well I'm going to make a load more and sell on Folksy. (Or should I sale put up for sale - I've not actually sold anything yet!!)

Tina's Allsorts, Stitch Markers

On Saturday, I visited Greenhill Patchwork in Romsey. Although I no longer quilt it's a beautiful shop that I can't resist visiting and the staff are lovely too - and they also sell Wool!! They had some new ranges in and  look what I found!!

    

The light over the weekend wasn't very good at all for takings photos and the colours you see here aren't quite right - but you get the gist.
I've been looking for a variegated yarn like this for ages. I wanted one that had long colour runs, not just three or four stitches before the next colour starts. I stood in front of them for ages pondering what I could make and would one ball be enough. Yes, I really wanted it and was going to buy it even if I didn't need it and didn't know what to make with it!!
Then it hit me - the virus shawl! It was all over the internet last year and I knew the wool would be perfect. (A quick search on Ravelry when I got home and I even found someone who had made the shawl using the same wool, albeit in a different shade.) I bought just 2 balls and made a start the next day. I even took it to work to do some at lunchtime!

Tina's Allsorts, Virus Shawl

What do you think? I like the colours and the pattern looks good but to be honest it's rather boring to make. Everyone online who made it said it was really nice to make and they'd made more than one! Maybe they exaggerated? Or maybe it's just me?! Ah well. Once it's finished and washed and blocked, I'll pop it on Folksy and see what happens. Keep an eye on Instagram for updates.

There were lots of other things I got up to as well last week, including going for a lovely afternoon tea with a friend and her son. I was rather pleased to see this on the inside of the lid of my jar of jam -

Tina's Allsorts

Life certainly was sweet last week. Then I went back to the office...ah well. Hope your week is going well! T xx

No comments:

Post a Comment