Wednesday 15 March 2017

Clearing the decks

I'm busy finishing off some WIP's, ready for when the WOOL arrives in the craft shop later this month. Well, I'll need to buy some, won't I? And then I'll need to design new projects around the new wool, won't I? I'm already busy planning in my head!!

Firstly, I got the Virus Shawl finished, washed and blocked - although I haven't managed to get any decent photos of it yet. And can I just say that if you're thinking of using King Cole Riot DK be warned - a HUGE amount of excess dye came out when I washed it!! (Apologies for the lighting - the shawl does look brighter in real life!)

Tina's Allsorts, Virus Shawl

Tina's Allsorts, Virus Shawl

Next I tackled the little purple and pink crochet shoulder bag I started months ago. It's coming on really fast now and should be finished at the weekend.

Tina's Allsorts, Freestyle Purple Bag

Tina's Allsorts, Freestyle Purple Bag

Tina's Allsorts, Freestyle Purple Bag

I crocheted a tube to cover the strap and used plastic canvas to stiffen the bottom and sides. I just need to line it now.
Naturally I've been working on some new small projects as well!
I've made two mandalas to list on Folksy, and I'm working on a big batch of stitch markers too - they're lovely and sparkly and dangly. I've always been a magpie for things like that, so couldn't resist making some more!

Tina's Allsorts, Stitch Markers

The first mandala I made was quite sweet and simple, using up some of the yarn left over from the Peacock Tail Bag.

Tina's Allsorts, Mandala

The second mandala was made using the yarn I saw in a sale recently and was forced to buy. Again, quite simple and I actually managed to restrain myself from going completely freestyle and followed a pattern from Haafner Linssen's book "Mandalas to Crochet". Ok - that's not strictly true. I combined 2 patterns, then did my own thing round the edge. But I do so enjoy making it up as I go along!!

Tina's Allsorts, Mandala

I'm wondering how many projects I should restrict myself to when the wool arrives? I want to make a baby blanket for another niece expecting her first baby in June. I thought circles in a square, using the join-as-you-go method. I've never actually done that before, so thought a small project would be a good place to start. And joy of joys, I saw a link on instagram today with a very handy tip for that join as you go method - I may be giving it a try when the time comes. (Apologies if that link doesn't work - you may have to be a member of Instagram to view it...)

I also want to make another sampler blanket (like the Stripey Blanket I made) and I'll write up the pattern as I go. I want to try and incorporate all the different stitches I've learned - and make sure it is completely reversible, so no obvious right side. It may also be baby sized for speed but the pattern could be repeated to make it as large as you needed.

And knitting. I need to find something to knit as well. There's going to be a knitting club at the shop (when the wool arrives) and I think Lynn is hoping I'll be running it!! Eeeeek!
My knitting project will most likely be a tea cosie (ie something small!) and if it is, then probably an elephant. This elephant!!

Tina's Allsorts, Elephant Tea Cosie

Out of all the cosies I made (apart from the fiddly baby bird nest I designed myself) the elephant was definitely my favourite. (If you'd like a quick look at some of the other cosies I've made in the past, there's a separate page at the top of the screen, or click HERE.)

You know, I even got out the circular shrug I started nearly 2 years ago and got the ladies at work to try it on, as they are much slimmer than me and the style might have suited them better. It didn't. It will definitely be frogged when I get time and used for something else!

I'm sure there are other projects tucked away that I've completely forgotten about but I have enough to do to be going on with I think!!

Take care and see you again soon!  T xXx




No comments:

Post a Comment