Saturday 29 October 2016

Rubbish week ...

My week off has turned out to be a bit rubbish really. The weather was reasonable, I managed to meet up with friends for lunch, walking, shopping and more lunching. I did some sewing but couldn't really get into it and do as much as I wanted. And I definitely didn't unwind and relax. Bummer.

I did make a couple of little dresses using the fabric the lovely Sheena of the Fat Lady Sews sent me. It was the sort of fabric you could actually use either side, so I did one of each to start with - plus there are two more all cut ready to go. But I haven't cut out the teenage size dress yet, never mind start sewing it... sorry Sheena... 😔

I hardly did any crochet this week. I made up a sample of the Circle of Friends Square which I've admired for a while but that was all. The pattern was in US terms so I had to translate as I went - grrr - but I got there eventually. There was a fair bit of unpicking amongst the translating though. Not sure if I will make a blanket with this block - it would be very good for using up scraps though.

Well that's all for now. I'm off for a glass of wine with friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment