Sunday 22 May 2016

Ta - dah!

Not only a Ta - dah but my one hundredth post! I thought I would have got fed up with this blogging lark long before now, so I was pleasantly surprised to see I'd reached 99 posts. It seems fitting that number 100 should coincide with a show and tell moment.
No, not the baby blanket but the cushion / pillow cover.

Last weekend I needed a break from 2" squares, so cracked on with the pillow cover. I had to wait until yesterday to get some buttons for it but it's now finished and looks fab! Although the woman in the wool shop said "what is it?" in an oh-my-god-that's-so-ugly-what-the-hell-is-it tone of voice... she didn't win any points there!
It is, however, my favourite haberdashers/wool shop and they now have the most fabulous range of buttons. Just look at the size of their button wall!!



But back to my ta-dah moment. Naturally I've taken far too many photos which means there's also far too much choice in what to show! And yes, some photos show the wrong side. All the rows were worked from one side only but strangely, I also really like the texture of the wrong side. I think I mentioned way back that what I don't like with crochet is the "garter stitch" effect of working from alternate sides. Anyway, back to the photos - are you ready??...

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

This is the little flap that tucks inside that I'll stitch the buttons to.

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

I chose 2 sets of buttons - functional on one side of the cover and decorative on the other.

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

This is the "closed" end - a row of double crochet worked through both layers from the wrong side.

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover
Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Tina's Allsorts Ripple Cushion Cover

Enough? Ok!

The Cathedral also had a bit of a ta-dah recently when they revealed the shiny new lead on the roof. We had a sunny day this week and it looked lovely -


This is the East end. The West end  didn't need repairs so still has its weather look -


You cn just see the lovely sun dial at the top of the wall at the right hand side. 

Well that's all for now - hope you like all the pillow cover photos. Till next time, Tina x

2 comments:

  1. Don't apologise for all your photos, they're gorgeous and really showcased your beautiful crochet! Love it xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Josie - I really love how it turned out and can't stop looking at it! There's a bit of wool left and I'm tempted to make another...

      Delete