Saturday 5 December 2015

Busy, Busy

Life has suddenly become very busy! My regular job is now at it's busiest time of year (and short staffed), there is the second job to think about - and I'm LOVING the second job!! - plus there's Christmas shopping to do...

Then there are the Flowers for Memories that I've been making. There are at least a dozen now and I'm very happy with how they've turned out. (There are enough for each of my sisters, sisters-in-law, plus some friends.) I've also been finishing off all the little things I've made for the craft fair next week - it'll be here before I know it! EEK!! And I've finally decided on prices too, along with some multi-buy discounts. I love a discount myself, so hopefully my customers will too.

I was filling sheep with lavender today and the smell was so strong I could taste it. Still can actually! It almost makes my lips tingle... There's still an awful lot of lavender left - in an airtight box. I'm quite tempted to buy a bright red christmassy fabric and make more hearts. But I really don't have the time. And I really shouldn't be buying anything else either!

It's been so busy at work recently that it wasn't until the end of this week that I had time to pop in the craft shop at lunch time for a mooch through the book section. As I walked in the door the staff who were clustered round the till all waved at me! It was lovely. Then one of the girls who doesn't work Mondays said, with a big smile, "I'll get to work with you next Monday" - wow! What a welcome!! Mondays are my new favourite day. The hours of 10-5.30 mean I miss the worst of the rush hour traffic at both ends of the day. All the staff are really friendly and so are the customers. Plus I get paid to enjoy myself. Although I must admit...I am missing having a day a week I can devote to crafting, followed by a quick walk by the sea. But you can't have it all!!

If the daylight is better tomorrow, I'll take some photos of all my wares, as well as the flowers and put them here and on facebook. By for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment