Sunday 1 March 2015

Visit to Hillier Gardens

I went for a walk at Hillier Gardens yesterday. (Hilliers is just outside Romsey in Hampshire and is now owned and run by Hampshire County Council.) It was rather a grey day (unlike the blue sky today!) but I had a good walk as ever and came across this glorious little scene -


Snowdrops and cyclamen. Not the clearest photo on my phone but aren't those colours amazing!!!

I've been visiting the gardens for years and never cease to be amazed by the amount of colour they have in the winter. Every month of the year there is always something to see. Not the cheapest place to visit but if you live close enough, membership is well worth it. (Membership also allows free entry to a few other gardens, including Kew Gardens.)

On the way back I stopped off briefly in Romsey to drop some old patchwork magazines into the craft shop, which the lady who runs it will sell for charity. I took loads in last year - about ten years worth of 2 titles - and she said she's already sold the lot!!
Back in the days when patchwork was my obsession craft of choice, every time I visited I came away with another half dozen fat quarters. Well you can't have too many can you?!...

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for your comment Tina.
    I noticed I had a new follower and it was you!!
    I just love your blog I think you are going to be a natural doing it.
    Love the photos and layout well done.
    Love Sue x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Sue! Should have done this years ago - but then I would probably have spent more time talking about making things than actually making them!
    Love Tina xx

    ReplyDelete